Looks matter, and so does visual comfort. Everyone likes to look their best,
including patients who choose to wear bifocals. The visible line across flat-top
bifocals, generally seen as an age marker, gives the lens an undesirable look.
At the same time it compromises visual comfort by creating a disturbing image
jump. Addressing these issues, Shamir has developed Shamir Duo, a new
generation of bifocal lenses that provides a more aesthetically appealing solution
improving the way the wearer looks, as well as the way they see.
TRADITIONAL BIFOCALS – A GOOD SOLUTION, BUT NOT
Flat-top bifocals are a conventional solution for presbyopic needs, however they
do include some troublesome disadvantages regarding both how the wearer
looks and how they see. With their visible dividing line, flat-top bifocals give the
wearer a look that is generally associated with advanced age, and furthermore,
flat-top bifocals introduce a vertical surface discontinuity resulting in a
disturbing image jump with loss of image as the eye moves from one visual zone
to the other.
Traditional bifocal lens wearers have therefore had to compromise on their
appearance as well as on the accompanying visual performance… until now.
MORE ADVANTAGES THAN MEETS THE EYE
In addition to improved appearance as well as improved vision, Shamir Duo
offers other important advantages over flat-top bifocals which limit the type of
lens materials and treatments that can be used, allowing less versatility and
offering patients fewer choices. Now, bringing with it all the benefits of Freeform
lenses, Shamir Duo lends itself to a variety of materials, tints and coatings. And
as Shamir Duo represents a new generation of bifocal lenses, ECPs can enhance
their differentiation and professionalism by offering a new generation of bifocal
lenses at an attractive price.
SHAMIR DUO – A HARMONY OF ADVANTAGES
• Improved appearance – Eliminates the visible dividing line
between vision zones
• Improved visual performance – Visual continuity between vision zones
• Suitable for sunglasses – tinted, photochromic and polarized
• Available in a wide variety of materials including high index for thin and
• Suitable for a range of advanced coatings including Shamir Glacier Plus™
• Ideal also for presbyopes with progressive lens adaptation difficulties
• Enhances ECPs professional offerings by adding a new generation of